The MRCPCH Clinical Child Development scenario group require trainees at ST5 and above and consultants interested in medical education and neuro-development to join their working group. Groups members must attend at least one of the RCPCH Examination and Assessment Boards meetings each year (usually held around March, July and November). These meetings involve generation of new scenarios, extensive review of existing scenarios and decision-making on examination ready scenarios for upcoming diets. Whilst a lot of the groups work is completed at these meetings, there will be additional review and generation work required throughout the year. Training and guidance will be offered to new members to ensure individuals are confident in conducting this work.
What are the criteria points for joining this group?
- Member in good standing with the College.
- Sound paediatric competencies at the level being tested.
- Interest in developing clinical exam scenarios specifically for development.
- Able to commit the time to attending the RCPCH Examination and Assessment Boards meetings and in between when invited.
- Respond to emails in a timely manner.
- Willing to support the Communication, History and Video Clinical scenario groups if necessary.
Please email Abigail.White@rcpch.ac.uk if you are interested in joining this group.