This course is under development and is not accessible to all users.
|Registration||Planning||Production||Beta testing||Alpha testing||Launch|
|Complete: 06/01/2022||Complete: 07/01/2022||Current Phase|
Takes 30 minutes
Certificate for completing this course
Managing babies born in poor condition requires good clinical skills including an understanding of the clinical information, the events perinatally and the correct interpretation of investigations including cord gases and CFM. Further to this you need to communicate to distressed parents effectively. This module introduces a baby born in poor condition and walks you through how to manage Hypoxic Ischaemic Encephalopathy.
ST6 Speciality Trainee in Paediatrics
North Bristol NHS Trust
- Identify babies born in poor condition and the differentials
- Understand what is meant by HIE
- Get tips for the full neuro exam
- Learn how to interpret CFM
- Understand decision making in HIE
- Key communication points for families and tertiary centres