Takes around 60 minutes.
Certificate for completing this course.
This online course aims to give the trainee an understanding of the processes involved in safeguarding children. This includes understanding the terminology used in child protection, the timeline of an investigation and the roles of the multidisciplinary team. The course aims to take the participant through a child protection case from start to finish.
ST3 Speciality Trainee in Paediatrics
Bristol Royal Hospital for Children
Consultant Community Paediatrician
Swindon Community Paediatrics
- Learn how to identify potential indicators of child abuse
- Learn how to take a focused paediatric medical history when suspecting a child may have been abused
- Consider the differential diagnosis of physical abuse and the investigations required during a child protection medical to identify these
- Learn how to take action when concerned a child may have been abused. Learn how to provide clear communication when discussing the case with a senior and other members of the safeguarding team
- Learn about how a child safeguarding investigation is started, the team involved and how to manage the situation on the ward
- Have an understanding of the key terms used in child safeguarding and UK legislation.
- Learn how to write a child protection medical report