About

PaedsHub is an online platform for education resources for trainees and other paediatric professionals in the Southwest. The website is funded by the Severn and Peninsula Schools of Paediatrics and run by paediatric trainees.

Can’t find something you’re looking for? View the site map or get in touch.

Development Leads

Transparency

See latest development activity logs and executive committee meeting minutes below.

  • GeNotes for Paediatrics
    The Genomics Education Programme’s ‘GeNotes’, the exciting new resource to support clinicians in accessing genomic testing, has welcomed Paediatrics to its specialty collection. GeNotes Paediatrics has been developed in collaboration with clinical experts across the NHS and covers when, why …

    GeNotes for Paediatrics Read More »

  • Activity Log
    Meeting with Maria/ Giles re handover of project Meeting Pinar/ David re how to add posts to PaedsHub Meeting with Dan re PaedsHub
  • Activity Log
    Updates to safeguarding module Added events calendar – created new events and RSVP workflow and guide Meeting with new ST4-8 reps New users admin Plugin updates
  • Activity Log
    Prepared and recorded segment for episode 3 of the PaedsHub Pod Processed new user applications Mentimeter onboarding meeting with Katy Huxstep Work on examination for neonatal encephalopathy course
  • Activity Log
    On leave last week. Back to it today: Plugin and theme updates Added podcast episode 2. Fixed analytics code for listener numbers. Promoted on Twitter. Weekly digest prepared Processed new user applications Chased up or checked in with all College …

    Activity Log Read More »

  • Activity log
    Filmed SBAR handover with SD for safeguarding module. Planned for filming of ‘strat’ meeting.
  • Activity Log
    New users maintenance Plugin updates Fixed post category tags bubbling up appropriately to parent pages Fixed menus to include new pages in section Created automatic weekly digest email and updated authors Created AKP resources section, tag category, and added first …

    Activity Log Read More »

  • Activity log
    Chaired ST1-3 regional teaching meeting with TPD and reps. Final editing of AKP (1) and uploaded to vimeo for embedding on PaedsHub website.
  • Activity log
    Second draft of safeguarding module, clarified questions, rewrote the conclusion to case report and produced growth charts. Uploaded ST1-3 regional teaching dates so far on to PaedsHub.
  • Activity log
    Filmed for joint school board meeting. Organised meeting for ST1-3 rep / TPD debrief.
  • Activity Log
    Manual back up and update to wordpress 6.0, plugin and theme updates Reconfigured teaching days section to have single post per teaching day that gets re-categorised to move from future to past events page Created test weekly posts bulletin – …

    Activity Log Read More »

  • Activity log
    Review of hybrid survey sent to HoS and palliative care team who are interested in providing hybrid teaching module. Contacted genetics team to support with regional St1-3 teaching. Made recommendations to DL on website layout / regular updates of date …

    Activity log Read More »

  • Activity log
    Meeting with NC to learn how to edit film with 360 camera
  • Activity Log
    Irregular working over the last month thanks to covid and many nursery bugs! Activity includes: Mentimeter up and running, have run several orientation sessions for college tutors Repeat ES invitation to join PaedsHub Adding new users Launched first episode of …

    Activity Log Read More »

  • Activity log
    Sent out second email recruiting CTs to regional ST1-3 teaching. Filmed third AKP session with PM. Edited filming of first session and sent to PM for review.
  • Activity log
    Recorded second session of PM AKP teaching. Found radiological images for safeguarding module
  • Activity log
    Met with PC and FC to record intro and ending to podcast, decide on music and produce first episode of The PaedsHub Pod.
  • Executive committee meeting minutes
    Attendees:  Daniel Leach Rebecca Treleaven Maria Tsakmakis Giles Richardson Review of previous minutes RT update  ST1-3 regional teaching update : CAMHs and Public Health days organised for coming year. Still awaiting most CTs to reply with dates.   The PaedsHub …

    Executive committee meeting minutes Read More »

  • Activity log
    Created list of key competencies for CAMHs regional teaching and preferred topics. PaedsHub exec meeting.
  • Activity Log
    Mentimeter set up SPARQ subsite development Website hosting finances Hybrid teaching survey Clinical branching scenario platform development Newsletter release Palliative care teaching meeting
  • Activity log
    Created April Newsletter for PaedsHub. Produced hybrid teaching survey for SW trainees to gain feedback on preferred method of teaching.
  • Activity Log
    Courses and conferences postings Editing trainee reps posts, twitter promotion SPARQ subsite creation, page building, post categories, redirections Mentimeter purchase planning
  • Activity log
    Finalised review of article for The PaedsHub Pod and recorded using podcasting equipment. Sent to FC and PC to review.
  • Activity log
    Online meeting with SW public health team to plan for restarting yearly teaching for level 1 trainees. Discussed dates and topics required for shape of training.
  • Activity Log
    Meeting with DL and SD to plan for Safeguarding module with opportunity for trainees to gain a DOC from SD. Prepared own review of a journal article for The PaedsHub Pod and recorded with podcasting equipment. Recorded PM first session …

    Activity Log Read More »

  • Activity Log
    Fitting in a few meetings this week, but not much else as me and the family have covid. 28/03/22 Meeting with Maria, Claire and Bex planning neonatal sepsis module Meeting with Bex and Sarah planning safeguarding module 31/03/22 Meeting with …

    Activity Log Read More »

  • Activity log
    Applied for TASME award.
  • Activity log
    Attended exec meeting. Podcast meeting with PC and FC to plan for first episode. Meeting with RD to collect podcasting equipment and learn how to record. Organise meeting with PM for AKP teaching session filming.
  • Activity Log
    Plugin updates Meeting with James Hambidge re branching scenarios Prepared ES invitation to join PaedsHub Exec committee meeting Vimeo troubleshooting Work on branching scenario
  • Executive Committee Meeting
    14th March 2022, 1400-15:30Present: DL (Chair), RT, MT, GRApologies: Nil Agenda 1. Review previous minutes and action plan HEE free courses/max course on PaedsHub – DL will set up static links Funding dispersment update – still pending ES access to …

    Executive Committee Meeting Read More »

  • Activity log
    Email invitation sent out to all CTs in South West requesting sign up for regional teaching over the next three years. example day attached googledoc for dates list of Level 1 competencies / topics required.
  • Activity Log
    Added scroll down feature on home page Created survey page and post category – CSS styling for surveys page – transferred old surveys to new system – htaccess updates – added new survey Updated reps page with new accordion design …

    Activity Log Read More »

  • Activity Log
    Fixed autoptimize cache error Created new home page
  • Activity Log
    Meeting with Jess Spaull, work on Neonatal encephalopathy examination course Updated plugins User maintenance Mentimeter quote work
  • Activity Log
    10/02/22 Meeting with Holly Mincher and work on Oncology Emergencies course Updated course development HTML table design and centralised CSS, created clinical findings HTML table 16/02/22 Processed latest applications Added post to courses and conferences page Updated plugins Work on …

    Activity Log Read More »

  • Activity log
    Podcast planning with PC including organising equipment and theme. Co-ordinate public health meeting to organise regular regional teaching for level 1 trainees. Draft of email to send out to CTs to recruit in to regional teaching.
  • Activity log
    31/1/2022 – 1/2/2022 Met with CAMHs trainees to plan yearly session for ST1-3 regional teaching days. Agreed key areas to cover. Further developed safeguarding case for online interactive module, including writing case report. Met F2F with Dr Dawkins to further …

    Activity log Read More »

  • Paedshub executive meeting
    Attendees Dr Maria Tsakmakis Dr Giles Richardson Dr Rebecca Treleaven Dr Daniel leach Review of previous minutes Reviewed number of trainees signed up to Paedshub: 271 .  173 Severn 73 Peninsula Rest not trainees / wider MDT  RT and DL …

    Paedshub executive meeting Read More »

  • Activity Log
    Meeting with Nick regarding branching scenario Meeting to discuss integrating website for southwest paediatric audit, research and QI group onto PaedsHub Work on clinical branching scenario application
  • Activity Log
    25/01/22 On holiday last week, back to it today. Updated plugins and themes Responding to emails from users Meeting with Aless Glover Williams – registration and planning for course on neonatal nutrition Minor work on HTML/CSS styling of quiz feedback …

    Activity Log Read More »

  • Activity log
    Chaired meeting with ST1-3 regional reps, TPD and HoS to plan 3 year rolling rota of teaching for trainees. Reviewed draft email to CT’s to help in organisation of each session. Agreed one session a year dedicated to CAMHs and …

    Activity log Read More »

  • Activity log
    5/1/22 Planned three year rolling rota for ST1-3 teaching. Emailed to consultant and trainee reps for feedback. Met with Dr Dawkins, further planning of safeguarding module.
  • Activity Log
    Over the Christmas break Work on custom branching scenario coding 05/01/22 Work on custom branching scenario coding 06/01/22 Updated plugins Meeting with Sarah Arthur, registered HIE course under development, created initial layout Removed early access users without confirmed ID who …

    Activity Log Read More »

  • Activity Log
    Closed pre-registration, send trainee applications to EPMs for confirmation Created user type roles Created users page in technical documentation Reviewed non-trainee PaedsHub applicants Reviewed early access user accounts Meeting with Bex about custom building branching scenario Coding work on branching …

    Activity Log Read More »

  • Activity Log
    Meeting with Jess – preparation for teaching day recordings Created several video guides for teaching day listings, recordings etc Updated home page design Updated RTT page Meeting with Maria, Bex and Rosie about neonatal sepsis branching logic module – subsequently …

    Activity Log Read More »

  • Activity Log
    Update RTT page and added resources Resolved blacklisted IP on server Chaser email to all trainees to sign up sent
  • Executive Committee Meeting
    Meeting Minutes 30/11/2021 Present: Daniel Leach (DL, chair), Bex Treleaven (RT), Maria Tsakmakis (MT), Giles Richardson (GR) Next meeting: 1400 Tuesday 1st Feb Trainee sign up process update (DL) 115 so far, vs about 300 trainees in total, need some …

    Executive Committee Meeting Read More »

  • Activity Log
    29/11/21 Updated plugins Sent out exec meeting event and agenda for tomorrow Updated teaching reps page Work on Neonatal Ultrasound updated course page added final quiz Created speciality course categories – added filter to online courses page Updated placeholder courses …

    Activity Log Read More »

  • Activity log
    26/11/21 Corresponded with paediatric trainees from Cardiff and London to discuss what their deanery teaching consists of and how they are continuing these sessions through the pandemic. Similar discussions held with Severn ACCS and EM reps with proposal to hold …

    Activity log Read More »

  • Activity Log
    Working flexibly since last activity log as I’ve been very busy with an update to the DKA Calculator. Meeting with Joe Campbell about the all-trainees registration process Meeting with Leanne Lovelock about the all-trainees registration process All trainees sign up …

    Activity Log Read More »

  • Activity Log
    Created MRCPCH section Put exam handbook into digital format and created menus Created MRCPCH post category and listing Posted covid specific MRCPCH info as posts Meeting with Alicia Regan Created Courses and Conferences section in resources Created Courses and Conferences …

    Activity Log Read More »

  • Activity log
    2-4/11/21 Ongoing development of the following modules Safeguarding module: review booklet from SW. Information can be used as introduction to safeguarding module. Created module description for review. Planned further meeting with SW. Development module: Started module outline, spoke with NC …

    Activity log Read More »

  • Activity Log
    Meeting with Chrissie Parfitt, LTFT rep for Severn Content action plan agreed by 10th Dec Added user and author permissions Email forwarder set up Added feedback form to LTFT section Meeting with Susannah McMahon, re neonatal procedures courses Awaiting content …

    Activity Log Read More »

  • Activity Log
    Correspondence with reps about new sections in resources area of site Added author permissions to some reps Stratified options in create area Created how to guides section in create area Created How to create and publish a post video guide …

    Activity Log Read More »

  • Activity Log
    Working flexibly this week due to childcare issues so work spread over the week. 14/10/21 Meeting with Sarah Arthur about trainee page in resources Created Your Training section (with RCPCH Training Updates, IMG, LTFT, RTT), Your Reps section, Training Reps …

    Activity Log Read More »

  • Executive Committee Meeting
    Minutes: 12/10/21 at 15:00 Paedshub exec meeting Attendees D. Leach, R Treleaven, M Tsakmakis, G Richardson, E Bradley and A Powell  Minutes Informed of Dr Nick Clarke appointment to new role with a focus on filming and production with the …

    Executive Committee Meeting Read More »

  • Activity Log
    Set up WP super cache to cache PHP pages/posts Set up Autoptimize to minify and aggregate JS/CSS Created Vimeo account for video hosting Edited and uploaded ‘Developmental Assessment for MRCPCH’ video Updated privacy policy Added privacy policy checkboxes to contact …

    Activity Log Read More »

  • Activity log
    Started creation of demo childhood development module for MRCPCH clinical resources. Edited video recording with questions. Discussed potential module concepts with interested parties including: Gastro: Anorexia AKP exam prepatation Exception reporting / BMA signposting Began creating booklet on strategies for …

    Activity log Read More »

  • Activity log
    First draft of neonatal sepsis module complete. Sent to senior colleagues for review. Contacted ST4-8 teaching reps to discuss ways of supporting their role.
  • Activity Log
    Created groups grid page and updated groups content pages Meeting with Hana Bashir about IMG content on the site Created IMG group Created IMG rep email Awaiting content from Hana for IMG page and Derriford post Set up 2x IMG …

    Activity Log Read More »

  • Activity Log
    Backed up site v0.2.0 Created demo video with Davinci Resolve – added to ‘How to build a PaedsHub online course’ Responded to emails from focus group attendees Added custom CSS for course grid colours Further work on technical documentation Created …

    Activity Log Read More »

  • Activity log
    Started development of neonatal sepsis module. Contacted Southmead NICU for support.
  • Stakeholder Consultation Report
    Report on the digital training preferences survey and focus group meeting.
  • Activity log
    Met with focus group to discuss results of survey and plan for year ahead. Completed Dan’s module on how to create an online module
  • Activity Log
    Created ‘Exemplar: How to build a PaedsHub online course’ Updated course categories Created ‘Activity Log’ category for posts logging exec activities Proposed to exec committee transparency approach including posting minutes from meetings and important reports onto website publicly Updated about …

    Activity Log Read More »

  • Activity Log
    Created groups including exec, creators, course directors, trainees, non-trainees for user management Installed ProfilePress capabilities to set correct capabilities for user roles Updated styling of website to consistent colourway Reported to LearnDash issues with course grid CSS Restructured website using …

    Activity Log Read More »

  • Activity log
    Met with senior trainee from different deanery to discuss different ways to provide regional training days.
  • Activity Log
    Focus group – invitations sent out to survey respondents, training reps, other fellowship applicants and deanery mailshot Started technical documentation Changed root directory of development site, made publicly accessible Updated plugins and WP version
  • Executive Committee Meeting
    Exec committee meeting 06/09/21Chair – Rebecca Treleaven (RT)with Dan Leach (DL), Maria Tsakmakis (MT), Giles Richardson (GR) Dear all, Please find minutes for yesterdays meeting below. Kind regards Bex  1) Review previous meetings.               a) Regional training meeting (23/7/21) + …

    Executive Committee Meeting Read More »

  • Activity log
    Chaired executive committee meeting, reviewed regional survey and discussed direction for the year ahead.
  • Activity Log
    Meeting with HEE IT and Pinar to clarify what central support available for regional teaching meetings Started ‘How to run a regional teaching session on teams’ documentation
  • Activity Log
    Prepared digital training preferences survey report Created doodle poll for focus group meeting Produced new logos/avatars/favicons/document templates with gravit designer and compiled branding pack Updated task list
  • Activity Log
    Finalised digital training preferences survey questions Created survey on Office Forms Embedded into website survey page Updated .htaccess to redirect
  • Activity log
    Meeting with current ST1-3 Severn teaching reps to discuss their plans for regional training. Developed questions for regional teaching survey.
  • Activity log
    Attended regional training meeting, discussed concepts for year ahead including development of Paedshub website and identified issues raised by reps.
  • Executive committee meeting
    Initial exec committee meeting 19/07/21Chair – Dan Leach (DL)with Rebecca Treleaven (RT), Maria Tsakmakis (MT), Giles Richardson (GR) Follow up email as minutes Hi all, Great to meet yesterday and put our heads together. To summarise our discussion: The schools …

    Executive committee meeting Read More »

  • Activity Log
    Chaired initial project meeting with exec committee. Created trello workspace Put old prototype behind login wall Created new splash landing page